Certificates of attendance and appreciation for wordpress optimization workshop conducted on January 25, 2020 @Bitstop Network Services, inc.
What is Foreman?
Foreman is an open source project that helps system administrators manage servers throughout their lifecycle, from provisioning and configuration to orchestration and monitoring. Provisioning support gives you easy control of setting up new servers, and using configuration management (Puppet, Ansible, Chef and Salt are supported), you can easily automate repetitive tasks. With Foreman, you can quickly deploy applications, and proactively manage change, both on-premise with VMs and bare-metal or in the cloud. Foreman scales well to multiple locations (offices, data centres, etc) and multiple organisations, allowing you to grow without losing your single source of infrastructure truth.
Infosecurity Magazine reports that currency exchange bureau Travelex was hit by a new year’s eve cyber attack. This attack disrupted UK bank customers. Travelex took all of its system offline as a precaution. They identified the culprit as Sodinokibi (REvil). Travelex has been unable to resume normal operations since the attack.
Meanwhile, Soidnokibi creators says that “Travelex will pay, One way or another”. The attackers are applying pressure to pay a multi-million dollar ransom by stating that they will release or sell stolen data that allegedly contains Travelex’ customer personal data.
How did this happen? Read More
Learn how Tzar Umang dealt with a WordPress site, whose size was around 5GB to eventually load in 2 seconds!
Tzar will share with the participants the tools that he used:
1. WP Rocket
3. Imagify.io (ultra compression)
1. PHP Compress – cPanel
2. Content Delivery // Packet Compression (made with python)
To reserve your slot, kindly register for the FREE event here.
Here are some primer and tips from the US Homeland Security on securing your network against potential collateral attacks and damage brought on by the US-Iran conflict.
Potential for Iranian Cyber Response to U.S. Military Strike in Baghdad
The following is a composite of actionable technical recommendations for IT professionals and providers to reduce their overall vulnerability. These recommendations are not exhaustive; rather they focus on the actions that will likely have the highest return on investment. In general, CISA recommends two courses of action in the face of potential threat from Iranian actors: 1) vulnerability mitigation and 2) incident preparation.
- Disable all unnecessary ports and protocols. Review network security device logs and determine whether to shut off unnecessary ports and protocols. Monitor common ports and protocols for command and control activity.
- Enhance monitoring of network and email traffic. Review network signatures and indicators for focused operations activities, monitor for new phishing themes and adjust email rules accordingly, and follow best practices of restricting attachments via email or other mechanisms.
- Patch externally facing equipment. Focus on patching critical and high vulnerabilities that allow for remote code execution or denial of service on externally facing equipment.
- Log and limit usage of PowerShell. Limit the usage of PowerShell to only users and accounts that need it, enable code signing of PowerShell scripts, and enable logging of all PowerShell commands.
- Ensure backups are up to date and stored in an easily retrievable location that is air-gapped from the organizational network.
Patterns of Publicly Known Iranian Advanced Persistent Threats
WordPress 4.9.6 included a feature to delete a user’s personal data upon verified request. Deleted data is permanently removed from the database. Erasure requests cannot be reversed after they have been confirmed.
Erase Personal Data tool uses email validation to send a user’s request to an administrator.
1. Select Tools -> Erase Personal Data from Administration Screens.
BNS livestreams the Tech Solutions in Education conducted on Dec. 26, 2019
Tech solutions in Education: From the classroom to the policy board
Speaker: Joseph S. Tabadero, Jr.
Part 1 https://www.facebook.com/MBTechNews/videos/372543856944149/
Part 2 https://www.facebook.com/MBTechNews/videos/592489901564432/
Part 3 https://www.facebook.com/MBTechNews/videos/454463468555131/
Part 4 https://www.facebook.com/MBTechNews/videos/416111995789891/
Part 5 https://www.facebook.com/MBTechNews/videos/2531601520451375/
Mr. Joseph Tabadero will be in Dagupan on Dec 26th (Thursday).
He will conduct a special session on using ShinyApp.
Limited to 15 seats only.
Venue: Module 2 Bonuan Office. We will be live streaming this over Manila Bulletin’s TechNews onlineEvent Page is now up: https://www.facebook.com/events/2443350725919752/